The European Delegation to Jordan is calling for short documentary films to compete. The winner will be announced during the closing ceremony of the 27th European Film Festival on the 19th of September 2015.
The competition is open to films that fit in the following criteria:
• It should be shot on a mobile phone.
• It shouldn’t exceed 4 minutes (including credits).
• It should be a silent documentary: no dialogue, no narration, no acting or re-enactment. But music, sound effects and ambiance sounds are allowed. Animated or narrative films are not accepted.
• It should have been produced in 2014 or 2015.
• The Director should be independent (not a company).
• Each filmmaker can submit one film only.
• Two DVD copies of each film are required (if application is not sent online).
• Each submission should be accompanied by a completed application form, available on the Royal Film Commission’s website:
- English: http://www.film.jo/files/Application_Form-En.docx - Arabic: http://www.film.jo/files/Application_Form-Ar.docx
If your short film matches the criteria above, please submit your film – 2 DVD copies, along with the application form - at the latest by Tuesday 8th of September, either: a) By hand: The Royal Film Commission – Jordan, Jebel Amman, 1st circle, 5 Omar bin Al Khattab Street Att: Mr. Baha’ Al-Hussein or Mr. Ahmad Khatib Sunday - Thursday, 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Tel: 064613835, ext: 109
b) By mail: The Royal Film Commission – Jordan Att. Mr. Baha’ Al-Hussein PO Box 811991 Amman 1181 Jordan
c) Online: By video link (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to: email@example.com
Prize: the winner will be invited to attend one of the International Film Festivals in Europe. The best 3 short films will be screened during the closing ceremony of the European Film Festival at Hashemite Plaza in Amman on 19th of September 2015. This project is funded by the European Union and implemented by EUNIC and Royal Film Commission